“Life is a classroom. we are both student and teacher. each day is a test. and each day we receive a passing or failing grade in one particular subject: Grace..... grace is compassion, gratitude, surrender, faith, forgiveness, good manners, reverence, and the list goes on. It's something money can't buy and credentials rarely produce. Being the smartest, the prettiest, the most talented, the richest, or even the poorest, can't help. Being a humble person can and being a helpful person can guide you through your days with grace and gratitude.”- Philosophy
"Life is a classroom in which each of us is being tested, tried and passed” - Thibodeau, Robert
I have learnt in 'this classroom'...
- That the God who set the planets in orbit cares for me even in the little ways
- That God is always faithful, despite my consistent unfaithfulness
- To be grateful for life and health, these are not promised.
- That friends are not forever, some friends are seasonal.
- That true and loyal friends are worth their weight in gold.
- That even if you have all the facts, you might not be right after all,
- That the best of men are still men at the very best
- That even an awesome husband makes a very poor god
- That marriage is hard work, and its not for the faint of heart
- That sometimes love is not enough, other little things are important too, like a pinch of salt to a dish
- To accept that its not so bad being a 'glass is half empty' kinda girl, i am usually shielded from the heart break that sometimes accompanies optimism.
- That family is important, they will always be there for you no matter what
- Talking to the right people when you have lost your way is a blessing, they can guide you back.
- That mentors are necessary, because no one knows it all
- Better to learn from other people's mistakes, you don't need first hand experience
- That hind sight is usually 20/20, better to be cautious.
- That my inability to deal with regret well, has made me paranoid when i have to make important decisions
- To accept myself and try to improve on what i can, *know yourself no be curse
- That trust is fragile, it is so hard to get back once lost
- That life is a tedium, it helps to be joyful through it
- That children are a gift from God, they are precious but not guaranteed.
- That i was naive to expect to get pregnant for my second child as easily as the first.
- That getting pregnant for some is not as easy as just having unprotected sex
- That infertility is very real, whether primary or secondary it sucks, it's the death of a dream
- That wanting something badly does not guarantee you will get it, neither is doing all you can do to get it
- That life is not always fair, pray for God's mercy
- That the race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favour to the learned, but time and chance happens to them all. (Ecclesiastes 9 :11)
- That the life lessons i refused to learn or that i learnt half way were waiting for me in the future, i am a better student now .
- That people are not as nice as they pretend to be, so guard yourself
- That people usually assume you are as good, kind, bad, petty, conniving as they themselves are no matter what you say
- That we see things not as they are, but as we are, we assume others are as we are.
- That it always pays to be kind, the happiness you give to others returns to shine on you
- That this is a true saying.. 'Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can' - John Wesley
- Not to sweat the little things, what will not matter in say, five years time is not really important no matter how much attention it is demanding right now.
* Pidgin English proverb meaning; it's imperative to know one's capabilities.