Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ko ma si (nobody like you) by Lara George

I love this lady and her music, i really do. I am featuring another song of hers today, its called Ko ma si .Its a delicious fusion of the Yoruba and English language, its a beautiful song, i love it,what's not to love?... Lyrics are below and since the song has some parts in Yoruba, translation is also below in italics {again i will do my best to translate without losing the meaning}..i hate translating!


1. KO MA SI / NOBODY LIKE YOU

Verse 1:
Ko ma si, ko ma si o, 

There is none x2
ko ma si eni ti o dabi re Oba mi o
There is no one like you my king
Iberu ko si, ko si fun mi o

There is no fear, no fear in me
Nitori iwo nikan soso l’oba mi,

Because you alone are my king 
 l’ojo gbogbo
For all time ( or eternity if you like)

Chorus:
There’s nobody like you Lord
There’s nobody like our God
There’s nobody like You Lord,
Like You Lord, like our God

Verse 2:
Igbati, igbati o

When x2
Igbati omije ba n bo o , mo mo ‘pe iwo l’abo o

When tears overwhelm me, i know you are my refuge
Iberu ko si, ko si fun mi o

There is no fear, no fear in me
Nitori iwo nikan soso l’oba mi
Because you alone are my king 
L’ojo gbogobo
For all time 


When i searched the highest mountains
Looked for you in deepest valley
Searched the rivers small and shallow 
Deep and wide o, broad and narrow
I realized there is no one like you
In the earth and in the skies too
Ko ma si, ko si no-one like you
Nobody, nobody o

Repeat chorus



So i lift your name up higher, higher
Celebrate you louder, louder
Lift your name up higher
I’ll sing it louder and shout it higher, higher , higher
Lift your name up higher, higher
Celebrate you louder, louder
Lift your name up higher
I’ll sing it louder and shout it higher, higher, higher


Hope everyone is enjoying their extended weekend...blessings!

25 comments:

  1. I know you say that you hate translating, but for my sake at least, please don't stop. It's very helpful.

    You won't believe how many times I have listened to this particular song by Lara George and did not know some parts of the lyrics (especially that "Igbati omije ba n bo o..." part). You don't even want to know what I used to sing for that part *hides face*

    So, thanks for putting up the lyrics and translation. Lara definitely filled up a void in Nigerian gospel music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie if you say you want me to keep translating, i will don't worry, i love adding value...as per that particular word i realize that lot of people don't know that Omije means tears..the literal translation of that sentence is when tears come..however,i translated it to mean when tears overwhelm..because i believe that is the context..i have been meaning to translate one song like that but have been lazy..i will now make good..simply because you asked abeg three gbosas for my mum, she taught us Yoruba well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, so that's what "Omije" means. I am learning o! Seven Gbosas for your mum o ... 3 gbosas won't do justice ... LOL! Gbosa, Gbosa, Gbooooo ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourite, favourite songs! In fact, it's going to be my wedding 'marching in/out' (not sure which one yet) song when that day comes. Thanks for the lyrics and for translating it...I'm off to go shock my yoruba friends lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah..i see we both love Lara, she is absolutely fabulous..wedding march song, that will be lovely idea but i wonder if the song won't be too slow..anyway its your day so anyhow abi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that song, love your blog. The layout is beautiful! Keep up the good work and thanks for the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anon, Thanks for the kind words and its my pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm Ghanaian and even though i don't understand a single word of Yuroba,this song is my favourite song.in fact,it was even my ringtone until my phone got stolen.This song is truly a beautiful song!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lara i love ur songs. keep moving

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANKS FOR THE LYRICS,WAS LOOKING FOR ANTHER SONG AND SAW THIS ,IT HAS JUST MINISTERED TO ME,THE LYRICS HELPED A GREAT DEAL.KUDOS TO YOU. LARAS SONGS ARE SO INSPIRATIONAL,GOD BLESS HER AND YOU FOR THE TRANSLATION.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ all Anon, thanks for appreciating the translation, it was hard work, am so glad i added value, Lara is a beautiful musician no doubt :)

      Delete
  11. aaaaaaaaaaaaathanks for loving my song. Am LARA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who gave you permission to be LARA???

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll cal Lara our own black 'Darlene czech'. Well done Jemima

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think I'll ever get tired of listening 2 ds song.the part I love most is the iberu ko si....I sing dt part wt all authority.God bless u Lara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the Lyrics. The song really minister 2 me in a great deal cos of what am facing nw. Bt nw i know that THERE'S NOBODY LIKE MY GOD. More grease 2 ur elbow, the LORD is your strength *Hormoboler*

    ReplyDelete
  16. I went through a tough heartbreak last year This song( Ko ma si) and also Ko le ba je pulled me through. God sent Lara as instrument. I've also loved and known this song was very deep but special thanks to you for the translation, it actually means more to me now than last year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please can I also beg you to translate the lyrics to Kore's Believe. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love dis musice and I cnt stop loving it.....lara u're d best 100 gbosaa for u

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tnks alot 4 d translation.av bn wntn 2 do ds song in my church bt culdnt gt d lyrics.tnks a gr8 deal

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tnks alot 4 d translation.av bn wntn 2 do ds song in my church bt culdnt gt d lyrics.tnks a gr8 deal

    ReplyDelete
  21. I searched so many sites but cudn‘t find d lyrics of “KO MA SI“, i wanted to minister d song in our fellowship bt am nt yoruba so it ws hard tym fr me. Bt nw, i will go, rehearse & sing dis song straight up, as if i wr yoruba. May GOD increase u ma‘am, dis is a job well-done.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like your songs lara, cos it has inspired me to aim for someting higher in life. God'll bless u nd give you the grace to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Today is awesome I didn't only ko ma si to download I also found d lyrics, hw come am just discovering dis blog just now all dis while, tenx For d lyrics u dnt ve an ideal hw u ve blessed someone today

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...